Shades of Gray – 4

Shades of Gray by Carolyn Reeder – This is the book the boys are reading about the Civil War. Boys tell me what you think of the book.

Tags: ,

12 Responses to “Shades of Gray – 4”

1. cody gregory says:

I liked the book Shades of Gray.

2. Austin Jones says:

I like this book because it is talking about war. My family was also affected by the war. I did go to my aunts house for the summer. I also made a friend. His name was Tim. He was also my age. I went fishing with my aunt.

3. Tyler Hobbs says:

Shades Of Gray was a good book because we was learning some of the stuff in social studies. That’s what I have to say.

4. shades of gray is cool.

5. Austin mckin says:

I liked this book because it is about the civil war.

6. I like this book a lot. So I will tell you a summary on the book. First I will start with the characters. The characters are Will, Hank, Uncle Jed, and Will’s mom, dad, and sister. But his mom dad and sister were all dead because they were in the civil war. But Hank was teasing Will about his parents. Thank you for letting us read this book.

7. James West says:

Well I don’t remember about it. I do remember Hank was fighting with Will. Will was sent him to live with his cousins and from Virginia. It is just cool that he catches a bass big or small. When he helped his uncle on the fence it was hard for him, and he checked on the traps for his uncle but he forgot the way. Dr. Martin wrote to him, and he said Will could come back and live with him. A dude named Jim from the war had stayed with him after the battle. He made all kinds of stuff from wood, and when Jim left he left Will a book named Moby Dick for him to read. The boy had to keep the secret about the letter for him to go home cause he didn’t want them to know if he was going or not. Will decides to stay with his uncle, and that’s all I remember about it.

8. Austin Ramsey says:

I liked this book. It was related to what we were talking about in social studies.

9. tanner white says:

I really liked the book Shades Of Gray. It had some things that we were learning about in Mr.ware’s class. The book also had some interesting facts too.

10. This book was cool.

11. Hatchet is a good book. I like it. I can’t wait to see what’s next. I like the class because there are a lot of books to read. See you at school Wednesday. Bye!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. Alyssa Walin says:

I bet the boys really liked this book. I think it’s nice that you pick books for boys and girls separately or all of us together or in groups. Anyway I bet those boy could relate to the book and liked it.