Turn Homeward Hannalee – 5

Turn Homeward Hannalee by Patricia Beatty – This is the book the girls are reading about the Civil War. Girls let me know what you think about the book.

Tags: ,

21 Responses to “Turn Homeward Hannalee – 5”

1. Maggie Mitchell says:

I loved this book! This is one of my favorite books.

2. I love the book Turn Homeward Hannalee! I have two reasons why I loved it so much, one reason is that it helped the girls that read it learn a little bit about how it was like during the Civil War. A reason I liked it is because when Hannalee and Jim came home, they came home to see a baby girl named Paulina in their momma’s arms. Also when Davey returns from the war he gets to see the little baby girl, too. Those are the reasons why I LOVE the book Turn Homeward Hannalee.

3. Blakely Cook says:

I loved this book so much because it was informing about the civil war. It helped us learn more about the civil war. It was a very very go book. It informed us about the civil war for the children and mill hands. It was very scary for them. Thank you for letting us read this book.

4. I really love this book! it was very exiting. I was excited to find out
    the big news from Hannalee’s mom. I wouldn’t think the news would be about
    her baby. See you in class!!!!

5. I LOVE THIS BOOK IT IS JUST AMZING THANK YOU FOR LETING US READ THIS BOOK A MILLION TIMES THANK YOU!

6. stephanie says:

I really liked this civil war book because I learned about how it was for another girl during the civil war. Turn Home Hannalee was great.

7. Mikayla Carroll says:

Turn Homeward Hannalee is a cool book! I think every one should read it. My favorite part is where she dressed up like a boy, and her name was Hannable. I hope a lot of people read it because I recommend it strongly!

8. Brianna Smith says:

I love this book! It’s so informative. I realized how bad it was during the civil war for childen and adults. Life is easier now compared to them. People who like history would love this book.

9. Makenzie Tucker says:

I loved this book. I liked how it related to the civil war.

10. I love this book! My favorite part was when Hannalee slept in the tree. It
    sounds like it would be hard to do……. I also liked when she dressed up like a boy and it was so funny. I hope we read another book like this.

11. Cobi Autry says:

Turn Homeward Hannalee is really really good. It was very adventurous and interesting. It helped me out a lot in social studies though. When the part came where that man that I thought was weird told them that they might as well just think Davey was dead, it made me really sad, but really curious to know if he was dead or not. I thought he was but then again I kind of figured that he wasn’t. At the end when the book said that he had come home, and Hannalee started to cry well that made me cry too. I will admit that, but i cried too. I was so worried that he would not come back. He did. He did. He really did come back and that made me feel happy, relieved, and surprised, but yeah it was really really good. I liked it a lot, and when we finished the book all I wanted to do was read it again and again and again etc. I’ll let you go now I already made the other comment really really really long I don’t want to make this one really really really long so I’ll see you Monday bye and thank you.

12. This was a really good book I really liked it.

13. makayla quarles says:

I loved this book. It is my second favorite.

14. Esperanza Pirir says:

I love this book!I learned a lot of things from it. I liked the part when she came home, and she saw her new baby sister. I also liked it when she was so happy to see Davey. This is one of my favorite book.

15. This book is ok. I liked it.

16. Kendra Hall says:

This book was not one of my favorite, but I liked some parts. One part I liked was the part were Davey the brother came home to his family.

17. Kendra Hall says:

It helped us a lot in social studies.

18. Autumn lowe says:

I made a 90 on this book, and it was great. I want to read it again.

19. Alyssa Walin says:

This was a real good book.I liked it because I like social studies and reading and Turn Homeward Hannalee is a book that let’s you do both S.S. and reading.

20. Zoe tidmore says:

I really loved this book. It was awesome.